Our Perfect Candidate

Our Ideal Person

A Bobby Chez franchise owner should understand our “gourmet to go” brand position and unique concept – fast, healthy gourmet meals that you heat at home.

They should have a creative entrepreneurial spirit helps to succeed in the restaurant business.

Local Ownership

Franchise owners should live in or around an area close to the store.

Hands-On Ownership

Franchise owners should be involved in the day-today operations.

Community Leader

Franchise owners should be involved with in their local communities

Location Knowledge

We want you to have a familiarity with your desired market.

Criteria$150k liquid assets, $750k net worth per store
Investment$249k to $498k (includes franchise fee of $40k)
MarketFamiliarity with one of our target markets
BackgroundBusiness leadership in the restaurant industry, or an entrepreneurial background
PassionYou see the growing opportunity for “Gourmet to Go”


Initial Franchise Fee$40,000
Real Estate Rent Deposits and Pre-Paid Expenses$5,000 – $15,000
Training Expenses$2,000 – $5,000
Grand Opening Marketing$10,000
Fixtures & Furnishings $20,000 – $30,000
Signage $5,000 – $10,000
Food Service Equipment$60,000 – $120,000
Computers, Hardware and Software$7,500 – $8,500
Bobby Chez Crabcakes Restaurant Leasehold Improvements$55,000 – $180,000
Inventory and Supplies$10,000 – $15,000
Professional Fees$3,000 – $5,000
License, Permits and other Licenses$2,000 – $5,000
Insurance$2,000 – $7,000
Architectural/Engineering Fees$7,500 – $17,500
Additional Funds – 3 Months$20,000 – $30,000

Common Questions

Are you only heat-at-home? Can I serve meals in-store?

We offer both options.

Customers can take their Bobby Chez meals to-go and heat at home or we can fully cook their meal at the restaurant and they can enjoy inside the restaurant and/or take away and eat somewhere else.

Most Bobby Chez locations have a small dining room for guests.

I meet the criteria, but how do I finance the investment?

We have direct relationships with several lenders that we will connect you with for qualification and lending options.

Most lenders are expecting a franchisee to invest approximately 30% of the overall investment in cash. The remaining 70% can typically be financed.

What are the ongoing fees?

The Bobby Chez royalty is 5% of net sales (Gross sales minus sales tax and discounts). This is collected weekly via and ACH with your bank.

The Marketing Fund is currently 1% of net sales and is also collected weekly along with the royalty.

What is the ideal location and size?

Our typical location is 1000-1200 square feet and is located within a shopping center or outparcel strip center.

We focus on traffic counts, residential household numbers, income levels, and average age.

We like to be located next to other regional and national retail brands.

We have regional and national relationships with real estate brokers and landlords to assist you in finding the best possible location.

How long will it take to open?

Once you have signed your lease on your real estate, the estimated time to open is 180 days.

Securing a location and signing a lease typically ranges between 30 days and 6 months.

I love the concept, but my region is not yet available. Will you expand geographically?

Our main growth plans are in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland. We plan to expand to surrounding states in 2023 and 2024.

Our franchisee success and support are extremely important and having a focused and disciplined growth strategy is something we will not waver on.

What are the sales that I can do in my restaurant?

We believe that the sales in your Bobby Chez restaurant will be driven by your marketing, location, employee training, and overall guest experience.

In our 2022 FDD, under Item 19, we do list the 4 corporate locations revenue as well as the average revenue of the 4 locations.

The average Bobby Chez had revenue of $995,000 in 2021. This was also a 5 day per week business. Our standard for franchises are 6 days per week.

Let’s Talk

Complete the form below or call 856-912-2804, and a Franchise Development leader will reach out with more information.

By submitting this form, you agree to receive communications, including emails, texts and calls from Bobby Chez Franchising. Rest assured, we will never share your information with a third party.

Franchise Form

 * Four corporately-owned Bobby Chez locations were included in this financial performance representation, and three out of the four (75%) locations reported achieving or surpassing $990,197 in gross sales from January 2021 through December 2021. There is no assurance, however, that you will do as well. Full financial performance representations can be found in our Franchise Disclosure Document.